Saturday, October 19, 2013

We made it to Norway!

This will be a pretty quick post...just wanted to say that we arrived Sandefjord, Norway just over one week ago.   I will share a map since I had never heard of Sandefjord before moving here and many of our Swedish friends weren't quite sure where it was...so I'm guessing my American friends would likely not find it without the help of Google.  It's a small town about 1.5 hours south of Oslo and about 6 hours (by car) from our previous house in Lund, Sweden.

Yes...the country in yellow is Sweden!
We bought a house that I hadn't seen in person until we got here (craziness on my part...quite possibly), but it's really cute, and has a lot of potential (many more pictures to follow in future posts).   My husband moved to Norway about one month before the kids and me.   He had some help with the house hunting which I greatly appreciate!

Home sweet home!
One of the challenges we currently face is that our basement is under construction.  It will be great when it's finished, but for now we have a whole house worth of stuff crammed into every corner of the main floor (and in the garage...and on the patio...).   I will be so happy once we get more space!

Another difficulty is that I do not yet have a working phone (I must say it feels quite strange to be phone-less), so I really haven't taken many photos.  And what fun is it to read a blog with no pictures?  That being said, I will sign off for now, but I already have found several interesting things about Norway that I will be sharing with you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment